Saturday, March 19, 2011

Doctor Who Matchbox Shrine (Swap-Bot Saturday)

This tiny tardis was made for the Doctor Who Matchbox Shrine Swap. I'm still waiting impatiently to receive the one from my partner but it's coming for England so I guess I just have to be patient. For anyone unfamiliar with matchbox alteration there are generally two kinds. One is the shrine and the other is...I don't know, the regular kind where you decorate the outside and fill the inside with goodies, generally they are 32 count matchboxes...not very big. The signs on the Tardis are Shrinky-Dinks because goodness knows I can't write that small. The interior is an art concept drawing that was in one of the latest editions of the Doctor Who magazine. I was so glad to come across it, it fit perfectly (well almost, I had to cut Rory out).

 Fezzes and Bow-ties are cool.

3 comments:

Custty said...

Found you from ATCsForAll, cool tardis. I like the Shrinky Dink signs the best.

KentuckyGal said...

Wow...amazing!

Donnaj said...

Hi!
I'm in this swap too! My TARDIS is traveling to Singapore and get this, my partner is sending me her TARDIS matchbox from Singapore. So...the TARDIS is literally swapping places! I can't wait to get mine. I like your TARDIS BTW.
Allons-y Donnaj

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment or constructive criticism.