Thursday, March 31, 2011

Friday Fill-Ins and Star Wars Funnies

The world beware. I am in one heck of a crappy mood. I was in a crappy mood when I got out of bed this morning and then I learned I didn't make it into the graduate program I want so now I'm really f-ed up. Sigh. What do you do when a 4.0 is not good enough? Argh. But onto something to help keep me a little busy. Friday Fill-ins! Even though it is still Thursday here. But that means I can do Thursday Thirteen too. :)

1. I can't believe I didn't get in.

2. There are troubles for everyone.

3. How can I get my mind off this.

4. Fake chicken was the last thing I cooked.

5. Six of one type of show is far too many.

6. Back to step one; nonono!

7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to getting some sleep hopefully, tomorrow my plans include filling out applications for Simmons and Drexel and Sunday, I want to see a good movie!

And for Thursday Thirteen...I was watching Star Wars: A New Hope last night....man those stormtroopers need training.

13 Recommendations from The Imperial Stormtrooper Manual
1. Time is of the utmost importance. Don't even bother waiting until the door is completely open. Your helmet can withstand small head wounds.
2. If you have a problem with your equipment simply point to the offending piece and your commander will understand and take care of it.
3. If you come across a locked door during a search assume what you are looking for is not behind it and move on.
4. When instructed to destroy a droid or machinery do so in such a manner than a mechanically inclined wookiee can put it back together.
5. When shooting a victim with a stun gun be sure to remind your battle-hardened comrades that "she'll be alright."
6.Always assume "it's another drill."
7. It is not unusual if a strictly disciplined Imperial worker asks for assistance by saying, "Hey down there!"
8. When searching for people aboard a suspicious space craft don't assume they are hiding anywhere. If the log says they jettisoned, they jettisoned.
9. If your buddy is shot, die for him.
10. Always aim twenty feet away from your target or you might accidentally hit them.
11. If you are inside a large armored vehicle make sure to get out of it and try hand to hand combat. Your chances of survival are much greater.
12. Droids always tell the truth.
13. It is perfectly acceptable to leave your post to watch a light-saber duel.

2 comments:

Journeywoman said...

I am a Star Wars geek. GREAT list.

Thanks also for your kind comments on my post.

Pain SUX said...

Ok where didn't you get into...sorry to hear that you are so disappointed. Better luck to the Simmons and Drexel.

~Steph (Karma Is...)

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment or constructive criticism.