Sunday, March 27, 2011

Nearly Crazy (Sunday Scribblings)

Almost, nearly, close but not quite
A striving Tantalus, weary of the fight

Approaching, more or less, well-nigh
But still just a few yards shy

Circa, nearabouts, close but no cigar
 How can you be so near but yet so far?

Approximately, relatively, in the vicinity of
Either below the mark or a little above

Roughly, practically, but not exactly defined
One foot in sobriety, one in anxiety
Straddling the Borderline

Borderline Personality Disorder was originally named so because it was thought be a person "bordering" on being psychotic but not quite there. The outlook has changed and some people are in favor of changing the name. Personally I'd rather say "I have Borderline Personality Disorder" and people have no idea what I'm talking about than saying,"I have Emotionally Unstable Personality Disorder" which is one of the proposed names lol.

5 comments:

Lisa said...

What a great take on Nearly. I very much enjoyed your post and LOVE you BLOG background.

LeiffyV said...

Great work with this piece and way to shed some light on a subject I wasn't aware of. The words have punch and power to them, which is all anyone could ask.

Besides, one extra letter in the acronym means it's cooler, right?

Thanks for sharing with us!

Catherine Denton said...

Well said, and I enjoyed your explanation.
My Blog

Cynthia M said...

Thanks for sharing...your writing is so engaging and matter of fact. You're right about all the political correctness with words, it's hard to know if I'm coming or going some days trying to keep up :)

jaerose said...

Yes..I hear you..this poem is like a little bird trapped under the weight of all those names and trying to fly..she will..and the only name that she will need is her own..because that is perfect..Jae ;)

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment or constructive criticism.