Thursday, March 24, 2011

Sarcasm (Poetry Thursday)

My house is infected with the stomach flu so I am outside, breathing clean air and crossing my fingers that I don't get sick while I type up this entry for One Single Impression.The prompt is sarcastic and I can be a pretty sarcastic and bitter person. And this poem might just be as bitter and sarcastic as you can get. It's my response to the ignorant people who sometimes say that an abused woman was "asking for it" by the way she dresses, acts, etc.



I'm Sorry I Was a Victim

Forgive me if I feel betrayed
I never meant to let you make me feel that way
I apologize, I let you down
I let myself too easily be bound
I'm so sorry I didn't put up a fight
I failed you horribly that night
Please, I beg you, forgive my sins
I should have let you force yourself in
It's all my fault, I know, I know
With me tied down you had to sink that low
Forgive me, I'm sorry, I apologize
I know you wouldn't have done it but for my naked thighs



1 comments:

sandra said...

interesting thoughts...

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment or constructive criticism.