Thursday, May 10, 2012

13 Favorite Picture Books

1. I Can't Said the Ant by Polly Cameron












"I Can't" Said the Ant
Wonderfully clever rhymes.

2. Miss Rumphius by Barbara Cooney
Miss Rumphius
Gorgeous illustrations and a touching story

3. The Very Best Picnic by Eugenie

The very best picnic (A First Little Golden Book)
I pretty much just loved this one because the girl's name was Jessie, like me.

4. The Three Little Wolves and the Big Bad Pig by Eugene Trivizas and Helen Oxbury

The Three Little Wolves and the Big Bad Pig
Hilarious. I always wanted to live in the flower house.

5. The Eleventh Hour: A Curious Mystery by Graeme Base

The Eleventh Hour: A Curious Mystery
AMAZING illustrations and a built in mystery and puzzles.

6. Round Trip by Ann Jonas

Round Trip 
Read the book, flip it upside down and it continues...so cool!

7.  The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein

The Giving Tree 40th Anniversary Edition Book with CD 
A no-brainer.

8. Love You Forever by Robert Munsch

Love You Forever 
Another obvious choice.

9. The Little House by Virginia Lee Burton
The Little House 
*Sob*

10.  The True Story of the Three Little Pigs by Jon Scieszka
The True Story of the Three Little Pigs
So funny...

11. Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs by Judi Barrett
Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs
Yummy.

12. The Travels of Barbar by Jean De Brunhoff

The Travels of Babar


 13. And to Think That I Saw It on Mulberry Street by Dr. Seuss

 And to Think That I Saw It on Mulberry Street


 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment or constructive criticism.